Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Rest Day, Aug. 10th, Middlebury, VT.

It's been an awesome rest day so far!  I slept until 9:30 this morning. I made it just in time to have bfast at the Inn.  I ate cherrios, a banana, and scrambled eggs with tea.  I then gathered all my laundry, and headed across the way to the laundry mat.  It was really crowded, as the carnival is in town.  I finished my laundry, and then ventured into the charming town of Middlebury.  Beautiful shops, restaurants, bakeries, bike shops, gift shops.  The vibe here is au natural, and everything is pure Vermont...all good whole ingredients in everything you eat.  There was a farmers market today, that Con Con and I walked through, and then we came upon a delicious deli, called Noonies.  I had a great turkey club sandwich with avocado, and banana peppers on home made oat bread.  Scrumptuous! Mom & Dad, you would've loved it!!  Then we hit the ice cream parlor, and I had a vanilla ice cream cone.  At 5:00, a bunch of us are heading back into town for dinner.  Tomorrow's ride is 68 miles into White River Junction, VT.  It is going to be a very hilly, challenging ride with steep climbs and descents.  I am really babying myself today, by resting, eating, and drinking a lot of fluids.  The day after that we cross into New Hampshire!  I am posting more photos, some of these are from last week, when we biked through Rochester, NY and had brunch at the womantours headquarters. One of our riders, Katie, a College Prof. from CA., flew back west today, as she starts teaching in a few days.  Katie is a nice person, and super rider.  I had some great rides, and laughs with her!  I will really miss her, but know I'll see her again since she still owns a condo in Boston.  Her friend, Beth
from NC., has taken her place, and she seems very friendly and kind.
Love, Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment