Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Aug. 16th. Bar Harbor, ME. 47Miles-Mission Complete!!!!!!!!!!!

A dream come true.  I can now say I have ridden my bike across the USA!!  It was quite a difficult ride into Bar Harbor from Bucksport. It was pouring rain, and extremely busy roads.  I am thankful to have made it in one piece.  I rode with my buddies, Milano and Con Con.  Just as we were about to enter into Bar Harbor, , Paje drove by!!  I waved like crazy, and was so happy to see her. I couldn't believe I was finally laying my eyes on her after 6 weeks!! Moments later, I would see her as we rode down to the Pier at Bar Harbor where I stood in the ocean and held my bike over my head!  I was quite emotional as I rode down West St. in Bar Harbor.  A lot went through my mind.  The joy of being done.  Having made it safely without any problems.  The joy of seeing Paje. And wishing my aunt was alive to see this.   Paje took some great shots with her camera, so when I leave tomorrow, we will load them onto this blog for you all to see.  The Lambs, my friends from Nantucket, were also there.  Laura bought  a bottle of Perrier Jouet Champagne which Paje and I drank.  Thank you Laura & Jay!  It was great, and I had a nice buzz on after the first glass!  It was very festive!  Ellen's family had balloons, cow bells, and champagne.  Despite the terrible weather our spirits were high and not dampened by it!  It is one of those moments I will never forget in my life time. I am now at the Bar Harbor Grand Hotel, where I am dry and clean!  At 6:30 tonight we have our celebration banquet, then I will spend a few days recovering, and catching up on my rest at a cottage Paje and I have rented.  2,400 miles is a long way to ride a bike!!  Fargo, ND - Bar Harbor, ME.  It was a very challenging tour, filled with challenging terrain, traffic, and extreme high temps in the mid west.  I thank you all again for all your support.  Check the blog tomorrow for photos of the finish!
Love,
Kit  

No comments:

Post a Comment