Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Niagara Falls, NY 45 Miles: What a day!!

I awoke with such excitement!  Knowing that I would be riding into my childhood home town!  We all left Hamburg, NY @ 7:40 a.m. headed to the Peace Bridge in Buffalo, NY.  The ride through the city was fun, and the city of Buffalo looked better than I remember.  The City & water front looked especially refined from what I recall as a wild College kid, headed to Buffalo to party in the bars.  We then crossed the Peace Bridge in Buffalo, where we crossed into Canada, and biked along The Niagara Parkway where we cycled along the Niagara River into Niagara Ontario where we then crossed the Rainbow Bridge into the USA, Niagara Falls, NY.  This was a beautiful ride along a bike path.  Beautiful mansions, and we could begin to see the mist of the Falls from miles away.  My riding friends were getting so excited as we neared the Falls.  Once there, it was crowded with hundreds upon hundreds of tourists, all amazed at the roaring Falls before them!  Once we made it across the bridge, the photographer from the Niagara Gazette Newspaper snapped photos of me and my cycling posse, and then I was interviewed about the cross country journey I have been on.  It was a thrilling day!!  My parents picked me up at the Days Inn Hotel, I will be spending the next 2 nights here with them in Lewiston since we have a lay over day.  I'll be back on my bike Thursday morning to bike 68 miles to Brockport, NY.  We have about 900 more miles to go until we reach Bar Harbor, ME.  Total mileage so far:  1,495 miles.  Below are pictures from today at the Falls, and pictures of my parents & brother Joey, who came down to see my this evening in Lewiston.  Tomorrow, my sister, Mary Lynn is hosting a barbeque at her home for all 28 of us!!  Oh man!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment