Thursday, August 4, 2011

Leaving Niagara Falls, NY. Hello! Brockport, NY-68 Miles

Yesterday was a blast!  My family, parents, sister, brother in law hosted all 29 of us for a barbeque.  Delicious food---Whistle Pigs (Sahlens hotdogs wrappped in bacon and cheddar cheese) Trusellos old world Italian Pizza, Buffalo chicken wings, Beef on Kimmelweck, salads, cakes, Italian cookies, cannolis!  Everone had a great time and they loved my family, and my family loved all 29 of them!  Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my camera to my sister's house in the excitement, so no photos...
I awoke today in my childhood home in Lewiston, NY @ my parents home at 5:30 a.m.  My Dad drove me up to the Falls where I met all the other riders.  The Niagara Gazette Newspaper did a nice article on me, and my cross country ride.  It was in yesterday's paper. If you google it, you can probaby see it.  It is in the local section of theNiagara Gazette.  We rode to Brockport today, just 68 miles down the road.  The ride was monotonous....a lot of straight roads, and I was pretty tired from our party last night with the familia! I think I had too many beergaritas!  It was hard to leave my family back in Lewiston, NY, but I have my eye on the prize...getting to Bar Harbor, ME where my beautiful girl friend, Paje, and sweet dog, Cash await me at the finish on Aug. 16th.  Once at the hotel , Milano and I ate lunch at Friendly's, then I went over to Wegman's grocery store across the street and bought some more sun screen, doritos, and Jujy fruit candy.  Yes, I  know, once this ride is over I need to curb my junk food craving.  But on this trip you eat what you want, you burn it right off.  Tomorrw we head to Sodus Point, NY 76 miles away.  We will be stopping for brunch on our way at the Womantours headquarters in Rochester, NY.  Hmm, I hope they have some donuts for us.  Pictures below are of the Erie Canal and the Locks in Lockport, NY.
Love, Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment