Sunday, August 14, 2011

Aug. 14th. Bath, ME. 68 miles.

Milano and I rode together all day today.  We left Bridgton at 7:30 a.m., only to have her cable snap 20 minutes later.  We called Michelle, the trip leader, and she was there in no time flat to thread a new cable through.  Mic is a awesome bike mechanic!!  There is nothing she cannot fix.   Womantours is so lucky to have her on board.  The ride to Bath was very, very hilly, with short steep constant climbs.  I have a name for those short steep hills, but I am too much of a lady to type it out.  Deb has had a injured knee since Iowa, which was weeks back, so doing these steep climbs is tough for her....but she did the ride, and I looked out for her, and kept her laughing and all kinds of senseless nonsense!.  Once we got into Bath some 68 miles later, a brand new Hampton Inn awaited us!  Just gorgeous!  Very swanky!  I did the usual, hot shower, laundry.  For dinner, Linda, our chef, made mac. and cheese-scrumptous, and pulled pork on a bun with cole slaw.  SO GOOD!!  Our desserts were amazing--whoopie pies, chocolate twinkies made by a fellow biker, Robin's teacher friend.  Oh man I love whoopie pies!  The ride tomorrow is going to be, I think, hellish.  Not because it's 86 miles, but because there is a 70% chance of rain.  We ride into Bucksport, ME tomorrow.  I know I'll do it, but will get drenched.  Big deal.  I am determined. Then, Tuesday, we ride a mere 46 miles into Bar Harbor!!!!!!  I can't believe I have ridden from Fargo, ND to Maine in six weeks!!!!!!  Everyone is very excited for Tuesday.  We will all, after 6 weeks, get to see our families! Is there anything better than that?!
Love,
Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment