Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Old Forge, NY-Aug. 7, 76 Miles. Schroon Lake, NY-Aug. 8th, 86 Miles. Middlebury, VT,, Aug. 9th, 42 Miles.


I'm finally back in New England!!  And I'm in the college town of Middlebury, VT.  Very beautiful, full of shops, restaurants, pubs.   Just arrived, after a hilly ride in, but beautiful.  This is, God's country!  Lush, green mountains.  Incredible.  Mom, I wish you were here.   I couldn't blog the past couple of days because we were in the Adirondack Mts. and in small towns with no service.  I've been riding really well and hard through the hills.  My total mileage ridden thus far is 1,908 miles!  Yesterdays ride was challenging, pouring rain, and lots of climbs. The Adirondacks is beautiful.  I could live there too!  Paje and Cash, our black and tan coon hound, would love it!  There were a lot of racoons around, unfortunately, road kill.  Tomorrow, we finally get a rest day!!  We've been riding 6 days straight without one since we left Niagara Falls, NY back on Aug. 4th.  Everone is pretty tired, and I think getting the itch to be back with their loved ones.  I am having a blast still, and even though the rides are now full of climbing--which I am really liking.  Some of the women have been in the sag wagon on/off during our recent rides due to being too tired, or injured with knee pain--the hills we are climbing do not help a bum knee!  I am pretty tired, and just checked into my room, here at the Middlebury Inn.  I need to do laundry, shower.  Tomorrow is our rest day!!  Yippee! 6  more riding days until we reach our goal of Bar Harbor, ME on Aug. 16th.  Only about 340 more miles to go.  Here's a bunch of pictures from the past few days!  

No comments:

Post a Comment