Friday, August 12, 2011

Aug. 12th-Lincoln, NH-63 Miles

We're in the White Mountains of New Hampshire!  We biked today from White River Junction, VT to Lincoln.  The first 28 miles was lovely, beautiful New England farm houses, then we hit the Mountains, and had all climbing the last  30+ miles.  The descents in the Whites were a blast, long and beautiful pavement.  My friend Con Con hit 50 mph on the descent!!  Wo!!  Once into Lincoln, NH we ate lunch, burger and fries, and a soft serve ice cream  I had banana.  Yummy!.  The climbing was very difficult, and my legs, along with everyone elses, felt fatigued from all the climbing we have done over the course of days.  I let out some choice swear words on a few of the climbs that were merciless and never ending.  Could you hear me?  One of the words began with the letter F.  And it wasn't the word, Fun.  Lincoln is a skiing town, home of the ski resort, Loon Mountain.  We bike into Bridgton, ME tomorrow, 70 miles.  We begin our ride with an immediate 12 miles climb on the Kancamagus highway.  The good news is, it is only a 6% grade climb.  We have been on hills that are 13+%.  Our trip guide, Michelle, said tomorrow is going to be a long day, full of climbing, and descending, and climbing.  Oh well...I like to climb more so than some of the down hills.  I just do it.  Everyone on our trip is feeling pretty tired, and worn out.  Many of the women are ready for the trip to end now.  Bar Harbor will be here before we know it...Tuesday!! One of my good friends has a stomach bug.  I hope she feels better so she can get some riding in tomorrow. Well here are some photos I took after the ride.
Only 4 more riding days left!!
Love,
Kit

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kit. I'm safely back in NC and just wanted to say what a nice thing it was to meet you and to feel included in your prayer list. That means a lot to me. This is a big week for me and so prayers are especially needed.

    Ride safely and have fun.

    Laurey Masterton
    laurey@charter.net

    ReplyDelete