Thursday, August 11, 2011

Aug. 11th-White River Junction, VT, 68 Miles.

It was a beautiful ride today!!  I flew on my bike!  I began riding at 7:40 a.m.  Leaving Middlebury was hard, since it is such a booming town, and absolutely gorgeous! I was in White River at 12:30 pm!! I only hit one SAG stop at the 20 mile mark, then I never saw the SAG again until it too arrived at the Motel 8,  2.5 hours later after me.  I rode along the White River, it was beautiful! I didn't take any pictures because I was very focused, and so into the ride, plus the roads were pretty narrow, with minimal shoulder in spots, rough roads, so I really had to pay attention.  Once here, I checked into the Super 8 Motel.  It is in the process of having an over haul, but still the room I have looks great, and I am just happy to have a shower, and put on clean clothes.  I went over to the mini mart, and bought some macaroni salad, which I inhaled, then showered.  Con Con arrived after she and Annie took an alternative route which they loved.  Connie said she caught air on one of the descents!  Oh man!  She rides down hills like a Tour de France racer!  The temps were great today ,mid 70's some sun/clouds. It is hard to believe, but only 5 more riding days until we get into Bar harbor, ME.  I am so excited to meet this goal, of saying I have rode my bike across the USA!.  But mostly, am so happy to know I get to see my family; Paje, and my dog Cash in Maine, waiting for me.  I could not have gone this far without the support of Paje, my parents, my sister, brother, sister in law, brother in law, niece, and all of my friends.  I only wish my aunt, Annie, was alive to see this finish. I know she is with me.  I wear her St. Jude medal around my neck and kiss it each morning as I jump on my bike.  She has protected me thus far and I know will continue to until I reach Bar Harbor. 
Love,
Kit  

No comments:

Post a Comment