Monday, August 1, 2011

New York! New York! Hamburg, NY 91 Miles

Entering into NYS this morning at 8:20 a.m. was a very happy moment for me.  This is my home state.  This is where I was born and bred for 21 years.  This is where my parents, brother, sister in law, sister, brother in law, niece, Uncle, cousin and other relatives live.  This is where I eat the best chicken wings in all the world.  This is where the people I love the most in my life live.  Tomorrow, will without doubt, be one of the most exciting days of my life.  We will be riding into Niagara Falls, NY.  As I mentioned, I grew up here for the first 9 years of my life.  My parents live just 6 miles away in Lewiston, NY.  I will be seeing them tomorrow.  Today, I was on the bike at 6:20 a.m.  We left Erie, PA headed for Hamburg NY 90 miles later.  I arrived at 12:40 p.m.  It was a beautiful ride, although some of the roads had a lot of treacherous pot holes--by no means a bikers friend. I now am at the Motel 8 right off the NYS Thruway.  Tomorrow, a reporter from the Niagara Gazette newspaper, Dan Capalazo, will be photographing us, and interviewing for a story. I am so excited!!  He wants to get a photo of us as we cross the Rainbow bridge, as we will be coming into Niagara Falls via the Canadian side.  Truly thrilling stuff!!  Todays ride was pretty, I rode with Annie, Milano, Jean, Carolyn, Mary. Tomorrow, is a short ride just 45 miles.  Total Miles:  1,453.  

No comments:

Post a Comment