Wednesday, August 17, 2011

August 17th, Lamoine, ME. 0 Miles. At the Cottage!

The journey is over, and I now am reunited with my family, Paje, and my dog, Cash.  We are in Lamoine, ME at a beautiful cottage we have rented for the week.  It is here where I will rest, and reintegrate into life again... See the pictures of the cottage below.  It is very nice, and on the ocean surrounded by the craggy shore line.  I have had a great day.  We saw a bald eagle flying over the shore line.  What a sight to behold.  It is strange to be back in civilization, and out of my very structured routine of ride, eat, sleep.  Paje picked me up at the hotel in Bar Harbor this morning where I stayed, as we all had our celebration banquet for the completion of our ride.  We had a delicious dinner at the Parkside Restaurant on Main St. in Bar Harbor.  We had our choice of Prime Rib, Lobster, Crab cakes.  I ordered crab cakes, and it was yummy! The two beers made it all taste just perfect.  We all laughed, reminisced about our 43 days together, and all the miles.  I have posted pictures here for you all to see. It was hard to say good bye to the friends I have made, but I will keep in touch and ride with them again.  Throughout the tour, I had the most capable, incredible guides.  Michelle, Linda, and Carol.  I will post pictures Paje took of my finish in Bar Harbor when I get back on Nantucket as my lap top won't read her card.  Tomorrow night, we are having our friends the Lambs over for a barbeque to celebrate.  I am so lucky to have done this ride, and to have had the support of all my friends, family.  What more could I want?
Love,
Kit 










   

No comments:

Post a Comment